Fun Facts and Banana Bites about beets:
- Beets are very nutritious. They
provide a lot of calcium, potassium and folic acid.
- You can also eat the greens on top!
Beet greens are also have a lot of vitamins including
potassium, calcium, iron and Vitamin A.
- Some good ways to cook beet greens
include sautéing them with garlic and olive
oil, or using them in soups!
- When buying beets look for small or
medium sized ones. The larger beets can be tough to
- Beets come in different colors including
red, white and yellow.
- When cooking red beets be careful!
Their red color will stain your hands and clothes.
Some good ways to prepare beets include
boiling them whole or baking them in the oven. Try this
great recipe for ROASTED BEETS.
The veggie for October was ACORN
The fruit for September was PEACHES
The veggie for August was
The veggie in July was CUCUMBER!
The fruit in June was
The veggie in May was CELERY!
The fruit in April was AVOCADOS!
The veggie in March was PEPPERS!
The fruit in February was