Fun Facts and Banana
Bites about sweet potatoes:
Did you know??
- Sweet potatoes are sometimes called
- They are known as one of the most
nutritious vegetables available.
- Sweet potatoes are an excellent source
of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, B Vitamins, calcium and fiber!
- From sweet potato pie to candied sweet
potatoes at Thanksgiving, this vegetable has always
been an important part of traditional cooking.
- Sweet potatoes become sweeter as they
ripen or cook.
- The best time to buy sweet potatoes
is between August and October. Check out your local
farmers market to find some!
- Despite the "sweet" name, sweet
potatoes are better for you then regular potatoes,
but you can cook them in the same ways and they are
just as good! For example, try this recipe for Sweet
- You can also bake them, just like
regular potatoes and top them with a little butter
and brown sugar.