The fruit in April is
Did you know??
- Avocados are actually a fruit and not a vegetable
because they have the large seed or pit in the center of them.
- Avocados are full of "good"
fats that will keep your heart healthy and strong.
- They also have about 20 different vitamins and
minerals that will help keep your body alive and working.
- Avocados grow on trees in countries that have
warm temperatures most of the year.
- When you buy an avocado pick it up and give
it a little squeeze! A ripe fruit should have a dark purple
skin and should feel a bit soft rather than firm.
- After peeling an avocado the fruit may turn
a brownish color when it is left out in the air. Squeezing a
little lime or lemon juice over the dish will help prevent this
browning and keep its beautiful green color.
- Avocados are yummy sliced on top of a salad
or made into a sandwich. They are also a good snack for young
children because they have a soft texture and a wonderful creamy
taste kids love!
Try this quick and easy recipe for GUACOMOLE
that is fun to make and great to eat!