A summer salad full of ingredients that can be
found fresh at your local market! Feel free to add more veggies
or substitute any of them for others that are available.
Make sure you have an adult help while making this.
1 large cucumber
1 cup diced tomatoes
1 cup sweet corn (canned, frozen, or fresh from the cob)
2 Tbsp sliced green onions
1 cup black beans (canned)
2 Tbsp balsamic vinaigrette dressing
6 oz. box of couscous
Large mixing bowl
What to do:
- Have an adult help you being to prepare the
couscous as directed on the box.
- Using a cutting board, have an adult help you
cut the cucumber and tomatoes into small pieces. Slice the green
- Put all of the sliced vegetable into a large
- Add the sweet corn and the beans.
- Spoon balsamic vinaigrette dressing over veggies
and toss the salad well.
- When the couscous is prepared, allow it to cool
for about 10 minutes.
- Portion couscous onto plate and cover with veggies
for a delicious and nutritious summer salad!
Serving size: 1 cup
Makes 3 servings
Calories: 400 cal
Total Carbohydrate: 70g
Dietary fiber: 8g
Total fat: 10g