Hi kids, moms and dads! Every month we're going
to highlight a new fruit or vegetable that may
be familiar to you or brand new! We want to introduce
you to all kinds of fresh produce and get you
excited about different ways to eat them together.
We want to encourage the whole family to get involved
in these fun and healthy food activities. Enjoy!
The fruit in February is
Did you know?
- Tangerines are part of the citrus fruit group
and look a lot like oranges.
- They taste very sweet and are easy to peel!
- Different types of tangerines are called clementines
and mandarin oranges.
- The winter months are the best time to buy tangerines
in the grocery store because it is their growing season in California,
Florida and Arizona.
- Tangerines, like oranges, have a lot of Vitamin
C. Vitamin C will help your body stay healthy so you can be
as strong and follow your dreams!
- The best recipe for tangerines is to eat them
fresh by peeling them and popping the slices into your mouth
one by one!
- Or you and your family can also try out this
awesome tangerine smoothie
recipe (pdf) called Tangerine Tornado!