Did you know??
- Bananas are Spike's favorite fruit!
- Because of their mushy texture, they are great
for kids of all ages and are very good for you!
They are low in calories and packed with carbohydrates,
fiber, vitamin C, magnesium and potassium!
- They are a great snack to give you energy right
- Bananas are considered one of the most popular
fruits in the U.S. and are harvested all year-round.
- Bananas grow on trees. Each banana is known as
a "finger" and each cluster is called a "hand".
- As bananas ripen the starch of the fruit turns
to sugar. That is why riper bananas taste sweeter
than green bananas.
- Bananas can be eaten any time of the day!
They can be sliced on top of cereal in the morning,
eaten as a snack or used for dessert in a banana split!
Sick of PB & J sandwiches?
Try these delicious and healthy PB & B treats! Make
sure you have an adult help you while making this.
2 slices of whole wheat bread
1 1/2 Tbsp. peanut butter
1 small banana
1/4 cup dried cranberries (optional)
What to do:
Lightly toast the slices of bread.
Spread the peanut butter on one slice of toast.
Slice the banana on the other slice.
Stick the dried cranberries in the peanut butter if
Place the two sides together and enjoy for a delicious
Serving size: 1 sandwich
Makes 1 serving
Calories: 450 kcal
Protein: 13 g
Total Carbohydrate: 75 g
Dietary fiber: 9 g
Total fat: 15 g
Sodium: 400 mg
Vitamin A: 1% daily required value
Vitamin C: 20% of daily required value
Calcium: 5% of daily required value